Monday, May 3, 2010

Patina: Salvaged Door



I'm working on a new post about a kitchen & family room renovation I designed that's under construction right now, but I keep getting sidetracked.   But i promise that post is coming soon!  In the meantime, images of this incredible door are one of the things that's distracting me right now.......I came across this salvaged door the other day while scouting for light fixtures.  It stopped me dead in my tracks.   The patina is so incredibly gorgeous, like a piece of art.  I wish I had my good camera with me to capture the depth of the colour - it was stunning.



This door reminds me of summertime in the country or by the beach.,,,,its watery patina is so perfectly weathered. I can think of so many ways to use this; leaning against a wall like a piece of art,,,,,on its own or with a console table placed in front with a table top vignette,,,,,or add a few hooks and it could be an artful coat rack or bag holder inside an entry.....or turn it on its side and use it as a headboard.  It was hard to leave it behind but I just don't have a place to use it right now.   You can never plan on finding treasures like this when you need them!  Sigh.  Enough distractions, now back to that kitchen post I was working on.....



Photos:  Carol Reed
Door:  The Door Store, www.thedoorstore.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...