Saturday, May 26, 2012

NYC: ICFF 2012




I was fortunate to be able to spend half a day at ICFF last Saturday in NYC, it was my first time attending the show and I'd definitely go back.   During the couple of hours I was there I didn't get to see all the exhibitors, below is a roundup of my favorites from what I did see (and this was only half the show!).



These stools upholstered with vintage fur were my absolute favorite thing at the show, I wanted to just scoop them up and take them with me.  Unfortunately they were just props at the APPARATUS booth and not actually part of their product line,,,but by the time we finished telling them how much we loved them and had to have them,,they confessed they were going to add them to their collection because they'd had such great response!!!  Aside from the stools, I really love this studio's lighting products which are made from vintage components and found objects, the Cloud chandelier (shown above) with frosted glass orbs and oxidized brass chains was s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g.  I want.




Rattan Caning + Modern Lines.  I love this.  Throne series From Autoban 



I'm always drawn to circles and this glass and marble mosaic from Country Floors caught my eye. I think the grey grout really makes this.




I can't resist a beautiful piece of modern walnut furniture.  The May Credenza had impeccable lines with blackened rolled steel top and I LOVED it.  Miles & May



It was fun to meet the guys of Rich Brillant Willing + one dad! (I loved that Charles' dad was helping them out working the booth - he completely sold us on the new walnut table.)  : )  My favorite is the Quart lamp (above) and I'm lovin the new Delta pendant series so much I've just proposed the Delta IV (shown below) to a client.






A great little wood and marble side table from Blu Dot.



For all you HB2 lovers.  This brass devil is From JONATHAN ADLER.




Curiosities, found objects and vintage industrial furniture made this booth popular.  I found the way the objects were mounted on the wall quite interesting.



Indusrial style lamps in a rainbow of colours, the JIELDE booth was truly eye cathching. There's few things I'm drawn to more than an adjustable arm lamp. : )



I love a good grommet, and always need them but they are hard to find.  Impressive collection of sizes and finishes from MOCKETT.



One of the most beautiful light fixtures I've seen in a looong time.  This was a stunner! Brushed brass rods with lily pad shaped, hand formed copper panels with enamel finish.  Designed by Kiln Design Studio for Bespoke Global.



I adore Lindsay Adelman fixtures, they're works of art.  Theirs was a fantastic booth complete with workbench for assembling fixtures during the show.  Sadly they were on lunch break when we stopped by but I would have loved to have watched the process.  One of the things I admire most about Lindsay as an artist is the fact that she shares step by step instructions on her company website, "You Make It", on how to make your own Lindsay Adelman style fixture from off the shelf parts (it's how she started).  If you've never visited the site, its a must see. Lindsay Adelman.



One of the highlights of last years show was till causing a buzz this year, the Scrapwood Wallpaper designed by Piet Hein Eek for NLXL.  I'm not typically one to use 'faux' anything but I'm crazy for this entire collection, with digital technology these are more like photographic murals.  They are so authentic looking even when you touch it you still can't believe its not real, it has huge visual impact.  I also spotted some at the Kips Bay Showhouse the day before (located in a highrise duplex on the Upper West Side). 



Their newest wallpaper colleciton is Concrete by Dutch designer Piet Boon and it was attracting as much attention as the Scrapwood series, and their other newest collection Merci, vintage metal panels. All on display at NLXL's booth.


Hope you enjoyed seeing some of my favorites, believe me this was just a drop in the bucket.  The show is open to the Trade and to the public on separate days, if you ever find yourself in NYC during the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) I highly recommend a visit.




2 comments:

  1. Circles are one of my favorite shapes and love all that you spotted and shared. All so wonderfully inspiring!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Industrial design furnitures likes at Gfurn
    or Gfurndesign are an eternal source of inspiration, thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...